- …using speaker phones to talk in public places.
- …throwing large medicine balls against the floor at the gym. There are better, less annoying ways to train than balls slams.
- …dancing in jam-packed bars with no dance floors. Everyone around you is holding a drink.
- True story: Two nights ago, I had a dream I lost my job and the only position I could get was director of forensics. I said, “Please, anything but that!”
- There’s nothing like being in a 4-car accident to make you reconsider your auto insurance coverage. Had I been at fault, my insurance would have only paid $5k to repair the other cars. I just upped that portion of my policy to $50k. That seems like a reasonable figure, right?
- Never underestimate the power of a heartfelt apology. I wonder why people have such a hard time apologizing. It’s such an important life skill. Ignoring problems don’t make them go away. Blame-shifting only makes problems worse. Consider the curative magic of, “I’m sorry,” and, “I will do better in the future.” Those utterances actually IMPROVE relationships. I wish more people grasped that simple truth.
- On a related note, if you do something to damage a relationship, it’s on you to make a move and make it right. I’ll reason by analogy. If I borrow $100 from you, you shouldn’t have to track me down and beg me to pay you back. I owe you something, not the other way around.
- My new hair stylist taught me how to blow dry my hair yesterday. I always assumed blow drying made my hair frizzy. Turns out, I wasn’t blow drying long enough, or using the right brush, or brushing my hair properly as I dried. His lesson is a game-changer for me. If I’m able to apply what he taught me, no more shellacking my hair in gel.
- I’ve now seen 7 of the 8 Best Film nominees. Bohemian Rhapsody is the last on my list and it’s available for rent this week. I guess now I have to watch The Oscars. My rankings, thus far: 1) Roma, 2) Green Book, 3) The Favourite, 4) BlacKkKlansman, 5) Black Panther, 6) A Star is Born, and 7) Vice.
- Dirty Computer is nominated for Best Album and PYNK is nominated for Best Video. All is as it should be in the universe.